Terra Natural Karanjin K-40 is the Karanjin Technical is obtained from the seeds of the karanja tree ( Pongamia glabra .), a tree growing wild in south India seed with Karanjin content of 40 % W/W. Karanja’s primary active ingredient Karanjin is the most potent insecticidal and acaricide ingredient present in the Karanja seed .
Karanjin is a furanoflavonol, a type of flavonoid and reported to have nitrification inhibitory properties.
Karanjin conserves ammonium in all the soils at all stages and formation of nitrate will be effectively minimized. Nitrite in soils was short-lived and low. Thus,nitrification inhibition by karanjin remained high for a period of approximately 6 weeks, decreased with time and ranged from 9 – 76% for all the soils.
1) Crop pest control formulations.
2) Used as a ingredient in anti-influenza virus drugs
3) Hygiene products - shampoo's, sprays, Cream
4) Textile protection formulations.
5) Household pest control formulations.